I am open to receiving Advance Reading Copies and Review Copies of books from both authors and publishers.
If you would like to request a review from me, please email me. I am now able to accept Kindle-compatible ebooks, as well as print versions. Because of the nature of the blog (and my own preferences) I will read and review a book if aimed at children and teens. Specifically, I like Fantasy, Adventure and Mystery best but I am open to other genres.
The only exceptions to the genre rule are as follows:
- Christian/Spiritual books
Reviews specifically requested by authors and publishers will contain:
- A picture of the book cover.
- A list of the books related to the book being reviewed (either in the series, or companion novels,) if applicable.
- A concise and thoughtful review of the book, according to my own opinion and without the influence of either the author or the publisher.
Any review that is published here on Get Kids to Read may be posted on Goodreads, LibraryThing or Shelfari. Authors and publishers are welcome to link to or quote from my reviews as long as they include a link to my blog.
I accept ARCs and finished copies. If the book is a part of a series, then I may need the previous books.
I am NOT accepting YA and Children's books in the following genres:
- Romance contemporary books
- "Issues" books (dying mothers, cancer diagnoses, mental illnesses, family drama, etc)
- Extremely political or "hot button" topics
- Free verse novels
- Short story compilations
- Overtly preachy Christian fiction (Christian values are fine)
If I accept a book for review, that does not guarantee a review. Even if I do not finish the book I will sample a good portion of the book and post a promotion post. If it is a book that I do not finish, it will stay on my goodreads and/or shelfari to read page.
I will make every effort to read and review in a timely fashion and with regard to release dates, but I cannot guarantee this.
My reviews are my honest opinion and are meant to reflect how I would tell my students or patrons or other colleagues about the book.
I will not write nasty reviews.
Acceptance of a book to review does not guarentee a review. I have a lot of books in my pile at the moment. I will make every effort to get through my To be read pile but it grows every day.
If I accept a book and I really do not like it I just may not review it. I don't want to write very nasty reviews. I will, however, continue to write honest reviews.
If I do not finish a book I will add a note to the review: DNF.