My name is Patrick Tierney and I am the owner and book reviewer of this blog.
FUN FACTS ABOUT ME
- I have always loved to read.
- I specialize in the reading interests of children and teens.
- When I was 12 I decided I wanted to become a librarian.
- I want to share my love of reading with the future.
- I dream of turning reluctant readers into ravishing readers.
- I went to URI, and I earned my Masters in Library Science.
- I wrote a thesis paper on ways to change the reading curriculum in order to interest reluctant young male readers.
- I'm now a librarian at an elementary school.
ABOUT THIS BLOG
I believe that many times in schools, the reading curriculum does not take the interests of boys into account. Reading gets defined a certain way. Certain books become banned from classrooms because of the teachers own personal taste, but that book might be just the right book for that child. Many times the books chosen by teachers and curriculum writers tend to be in the spectrum of what girls like to read. My blog is designed for all readers.
My goal for this blog is to inform the world of the books I read and find to be good or bad. I hope that my blog can become a resource for readers, teachers and librarians to use to find a good book to spend some time with.